Are your management practices simply in need of fine-tuning or do they require thoughtful innovation? Are those processes something you set-and-forget, or are they worthy of regular examination and renewal? Consider the annual performance review:
- Does your staff walk out of those feeling that they were dealt with fairly?
- Have they received great coaching that will enable them to reach new career highs?
"Do you? I certainly never did. But year after year, we went through the process hoping that the value we desired would be there. We train managers to provide concrete regular feedback on goals, but do they? And, with their staff spending so much time working on teams, are managers even qualified to provide that assessment and feedback? Yet we persist with these and other largely ineffective processes. What if, instead, we viewed the means by which we manage our organizations as an opportunity for innovation and competitive advantage?"
Menlo Innovation, a company that designs and builds custom software, does exactly that and it produces dramatic results. First, let's discuss the importance of management innovation, then how Menlo Innovations achieves their breakthrough results, and finally what you can do in your organization.
Read the entire article as featured on the Agile Alliance website and authored by Eliassen’s Bob Fischer.
In this post, Bob shares how to:
- Create the Climate for Organizational Change
- Make the Benefits of Retrospectives Visible
- Take Retrospectives to New Areas
- Get Support from the Senior Team